Monday blues

This morning, the high-pitched beeping of my alarm abruptly yanked me out of deep sleep like a splash of ice water. Shaking slightly from the startling 6 a.m. wake-up call, my mind still felt clouded by sleepiness. I wanted to pull the covers over my head and continue dreaming about my Spanish-speaking dog Esteban. Instead, I had to drag myself from bed and get ready for work.

Even though I'm ready for the day to be over, I can't really complain because my weekend was fabulous. On Friday, I left the office and all my work behind at exactly 5:30 p.m. I raced home because I was anxious for the weekend to start and looking forward to sharing it with my mom. Here's a quick recap.
  • Risotto fritters, Guinnes and half a cobb salad
  • One cosmo and one gruner vetliner to complement a long night of mother-daughter bonding
  • An early morning run through the park while the sun was just waking up
  • A giant crepe exploding with brie cheese, apples and grapes
  • Sexy new capris and belt from Anthropologie
  • Mid-afternoon tapas on Newbury street that included sautéed artichokes, marinated mushrooms, empanadas, goat cheese with tomato sauce and basil and a pitcher of sangria.
  • Watching a momma sparrow feed her baby, who was just learning to fly
  • Browsing through Saks, imagining how different our lives with be if we paid $795 for a shirt
  • Milky way frozen yogurt in a waffle cone covered in chocolate and coconut
  • Early-evening coffees and a half-hour of people watching to re-energize
  • Being thankful we didn't lose the car in the garage and mistake it for being stolen (like last time)
  • A relaxing Sunday of reading, takeout and catching up with old friends

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your blog. That was a fabulous day! I did not realize how wonderful each little moment was and how much it meant to you, until I viewed your recap of the day. We often forget to reflect on the small pleasures in life, but that is how we recreate the most meaningful times in our lives and solidify our memories.
Mom

Popular Posts