mini family vacation, and I crossed another item off my to-do list.
Given our recent stint of poor luck, we weren't surprised when meteorologists issued tropical storm warnings for the weekend. But we also weren't ready to succumb to Hurricane Bill's wrath. We were going to have a good time no matter what.
And it seems our positive outlook also helped channel some positive weather. Contrary to weather predictions, it was sunny and beautiful every single day. It couldn't have been any better. Here are some of the highlights:
- 4 gorgeous days of sunshine
- 3 dozen raw oysters
- 10-foot waves (4 unexpected wipeouts and 2 lost bathing suits)
- 1 chocolate turtle and piece of chocolate peanut butter fudge
- 1 hilarious game of Cranium
- 3 matching bookmarks, 2 matching purses and 2 matching sweatshirts
- 1 neverending story
- 2 Golden Monkeys and 1 Squealing pig (Definitely not as dirty as it sounds)
- 1 early morning run in the rain
- 2 unbelievably uncomfortable cots
- 1 spectacular lunch at Beachcomber
- 4 games of cribbage (the best card game in the history of the universe)
- 1 excited French terrier
- 1 destroyed manicure
- 1 unprecedented Martha Stuart impersonation
- 0 stress
- Countless jumbles
- 1 happy, lucky family!