The most delicious meal on Earth:
homemade pierogies sauteed with butter and onions;
with bacon, Worcestershire sauce and caraway seeds;
authentic Polish kielbasa and freshly baked rye bread topped with mustard and horseradish. Yum.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Since I started volunteering at the aquarium, I've been kind of obsessed with cephalopods. This group of animals includes squid, octopuses and of course, cuttlefish. Here are some of the weird-but-true facts about these amazing animals.
- They can change color and texture rapidly
- They have three hearts that pump blue blood
- They have a hard, parrot-like beak that releases venom (not harmful to humans) into prey
- They have two feeding tentacles that retract into the body and then dart out quickly to capture prey (much like a frog's tongue)
- Their cuttlebone fills with gas, enabling it to hover
- They squirt ink to confuse and evade predators
- And they're ridiculously cute