Glowing

I don't know much, but I do know that one day I will have my own fireplace.

It's taken me a while to fully appreciate the awesomeness of a fire. As a kid, we used our utilitarian woodstove far more often than our fireplace. In the early, chilly morning, I would pad down the hallway and start crumpling up newspaper to help get the day's fire started. (How much easier things would have been if the Duraflame log had been invented a few years earlier.)

But now I've come to love curling up next to a crackling fire with a glass of wine or a good book. It feels like home.

This past week, I've really been struggling with ice-cold windchill, and I really needed a pick-me-up. So this morning, I woke up extra early so I could enjoy my coffee next to the warm glow of the fire...and Christmas music was even playing on the speakers. Absolutely perfect.

Comments

Manda said…
hey-i love the sound and the feel of a nice warm fire. i miss the two wood stoves in our old house in warren it kept the place super warm.

Popular Posts