#7...Check

I finally went to Baptiste yoga studio and crossed #7 off my to-do list. Since it was my first real yoga class, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, although I was warned that it would be very hot. We went to a Bikram yoga session, where they crank the heat up to 90+ degrees.

But I like it hot. That is, until the assistant helps you stretch and drips sweat all over your face (yuck). But aside from the unintentional splatter of someone else's sweat, it was very calming. For those 90 minutes, I let go of the stress and anxiety I was feeling, cleared my mind and focused solely on my breathing (which also helped prevent me from fainting).

Although I did better than I had expected, I was clearly a novice. It took me three tries to correctly roll up my new mat and stuff it in its mesh bag (which in my opinion, is just too small). But maybe next time it'll only take me two tries.

Comments

Manda said…
hey jen-i love yoga too. it is sooo relaxing and it calms my nerves down. i miss going to yoga classes it helped me clear my mind and kept me focused on things that are really important to me. i'm glad you're getting you're working on your checklist for all the things you want to do before you're 27. you will complete it!!!

Popular Posts