JJ, will you marry me?

My face is sore from smiling; my legs are tired from dancing and my voice is hoarse from singing. The JJ Grey and Mofro show last weekend just might have been my all-time favorite concert.

I'm a somewhat recent Mofro fan, but it didn't take long to fall in love with their sound – a swampy mixture of soul, rock, blues and funk. I saw them on a whim last year in Hollywood, and by the end of the first song, I was hooked (and not just because JJ is amazingly dreamy). They effortlessly enlivened the crowd with their Southern-fried soul and back-porch blues.

After an amazing 2.5-hour show, I immediately bought every single one of their albums. And this time around I sang along to each and every song.

Check out their new album. It's amazing.
  1. Orange Blossoms
  2. The Devil You Know
  3. Everything Good Is Bad
  4. She Don't Know
  5. The Truth
  6. Wylf
  7. On Fire
  8. Move It On
  9. Higher You Climb
  10. Dew Drops
  11. Ybor City
  12. I Believe (In Everything) (My personal favorite)

Comments

Popular Posts