Finally falling for fall

The days are getting shorter and chillier, but surprisingly, I'm not sad this year. In fact, I'm actually looking forward to the fall - maybe it's because I've missed the last two autumn seasons. Right now, I'm not grieving over the warm summer months or dreading the freezing cold that's to come. Instead, I'm excited for the season that's happening at this very moment. Here are some of the things I'm looking forward to most of all:
  • Homemade apple crisp and vanilla ice cream
  • Apple picking
  • Everything pumpkin - including pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin candles and even pumpkin beer
  • Octoberfest
  • Halloween - especially silly costumes, candy corn and bad scary movies
  • Haunted hayrides (you're never too old for them...at least that's what I think)
  • Warm apple cider
  • Hiking
  • First frosty morning
  • Comfy sweaters (I especially like auburn, orange and green colors right now)
  • Fall festivals
  • Beautiful, colorful foliage
  • The Big E
  • Colorful, funky scarves
  • Freshly baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, a mug of chai tea, a fuzzy blanket and a cheesy Lifetime chick flick
  • Snuggling up near the fireplace
  • Cranberry truffles from Godiva
  • A REAL THANKSGIVING!! I haven't had a real thanksgiving with my family since I was 16. Since then, I've either worked or been away every year. (Last year I had my wisdom teeth taken out the day before.) So, having a truly happy Thanksgiving is my number-one priority this fall.
What are you looking forward to?

Comments

Manda said…
i'm looking forward for the upcoming months ahead also. every time i think of winter i think of us making snowmen, drinking hot coco, dad and i crumpling up newspaper for the fireplace in the living room and family room, i think of zoe running through the snow and dad has to shovel the walkway for her to walk through and i especially love a snow storm the day before i have to take an exam and school is closed. winter has always brought good memories for me.

Popular Posts