Spring fever

Everywhere I go, people are raving about the beautiful weather. Last weekend, virtually everyone was either washing their cars or gardening – two things New Englanders always do when they’re excited for summer.

Even though I’ve been fortunate enough to miss out on the cold winter months, I am still fired up for summer. I’m especially looking forward to:

  • My grandma’s potato salad
  • An hour before sunset
  • Cucumber and dill salad – fresh from the garden
  • Martha’s Vineyard vacation with the girls
  • Picking out a new bathing suit
  • Thunderstorms (especially after long, hot days)
  • Grilled vegetables and fresh corn
  • Farm stands
  • Picnics
  • Hold the Pickle sandwiches at Mt. Tom
  • Day parties
  • Outdoor concerts
  • Driving with the windows down and singing at the top of my lungs
  • Cheering on my mom at the Litchfield Hills Road Race
  • Day trips to Rhode Island
  • Fourth of July fireworks by the Charles River
  • A new apartment in the city
  • Long weekends at the beach
  • Rollerblading (or at least attempting and making my best effort not to wipe out)
  • Motorcycle rides
  • Early morning/late afternoon runs

Comments

Popular Posts